Monday, March 7, 2011

Way to Offend Me!

So yesterday started my family's crazy month of birthday parties. In the month of March, we have a party every weekend! In fact, I had to turn down some invitations because there is just not enough time in every day for all these parties! And, we can only afford so many gifts for all these kids! 

That brings me to the fact that one of our friends really offended me yesterday! The party we went to yesterday, and the party that we are going to next week are for cousins who are a year apart. They like Batman and Star Wars (what little boys don't?) While searching for gifts for them, I could not find anything that wasn't super crappy! I mean, I don't want to get these sweet little boys crap toys that are going to fall apart the moment they look at them. All the good toys were way out of my price range (I'm not going to spend $40 or $50 on a kid that's not mine.) So I settled on Play dough. I found these awesome little sets that have letter and number cut outs. I feel that kids learn best when they don't actually know they are learning, so what better way than to hide it in Play dough fun! I also included a giant set of extra play dough, because you can never have too many colors, or too much to play with!

The first little boy didn't really care about his present, but in all fairness he got this huge play set, and that was all he cared about. And that's okay, the fun of play dough will never outshine a play set that you've been really wanting! We told the parents of the second little boy that we also go him the set, plus all the extra play dough, and seriously, this guy actually said to my husband's face "Oh, well, that will probably end up in our give away pile!" What the hell! Don't actually tell that to us, it's rude. I searched long and hard for a good gift for your child, and couldn't find anything that wasn't complete crap! Went for the play dough because in our house, everyone LOVES play dough! Bringing down the play dough is like giving my girls another Christmas. And my husband and I love play dough too. If you don't like it, whatever, but don't sit there and tell me that you are just going to give it away. It kinda makes me feel like crap, and that maybe I'm not good enough for you! So now I'm not sure what to do. Should I give it to them anyway? Should I try to find them something more worthy? Anyone out there have any suggestions? Anyone out there think I'm over reacting, and think that play dough is a crap gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment